French doors have been a staple feature of cosy family homes for many years thanks to their practicality and classic appearance. If you’re in the business of installing windows and doors, you are probably suppling your customers with a range of French door options to suit their requirements.
With this in mind, how can you ensure your selection of available French doors is of high-quality? To ensure your clients are left with secure and durable French doors, you will need to think carefully about the types of materials from which they’re made.
In this brief guide, we explore why aluminium French doors represent a safe and reliable option for tradespeople to supply to customers.
Click on a link to jump to that section:
Find out the importance of supplying a high-quality French door material.
Read the key assets of aluminium French doors.
Find out how other material options compare to aluminium.
Find out more about the Origin French door range.
Read the key benefits of supplying our Origin French doors.
Why is the French door material you choose to supply important?
The materials from which your French door options are made could make or break your reputation. Here’s why:
Doors constructed using shoddy or flimsy materials could represent a security hazard. If a client’s home is burgled or damaged due to cheap French door materials, your reputation could take a severe hit. This is a similar situation if you need to keep returning to side to make adjustments or replacements; your reputation as an installer could be reduced.
It allows you to match other doors and windows on a project
Using a single material across your doors and windows will ensure your projects end up looking stylish and consistent.
Some materials offer reliability
Materials such as aluminium are reliable in terms of strength and security, meaning there will be longevity for the doors and customer satisfaction.
What are the benefits of aluminium French doors?
Aluminium French doors offer the following benefits:
Lightweight doors are easy to install and ensure customers are able to open and close their doors without any trouble.
Durability is vital for ensuring your client's doors are protected from the elements and will last for several years. Remember – homeowners and commercial project managers often prioritise value for money when selecting materials for their construction projects. With aluminium, you can reassure clients that their cost-effective new doors will last for many years.
Resistant to rust and corrosion
As well as looking unsightly, rust and corrosion can compromise the integrity of a set of doors. Fortunately, aluminium is resistant to rusting, meaning it won’t start turning brown or orange following rainy weather. In marine environments, we recommend colour coded hardware and for the doors to be washed down more frequently to prevent salt deposits being built up.
Aluminium doors such as Origin French doors are designed with security in mind. As well as being lightweight, aluminium doors are very difficult to infiltrate.
Aluminium doors can have enhanced thermal efficiency when they are designed with a polyamide break to separate out the inner and outer layers, allowing clients to keep their homes warm and energy-efficient throughout the year.
Enhanced kerb appeal
Aluminium French doors are super modern and stylish thanks to their minimalist aesthetic.
Aluminium doors are fairly low maintenance in comparison to other materials, requiring little upkeep.
You can add glazing panels for more natural light
If a client wants to maximise the amount of natural light in their property, you can add glazing panels to the sides or top to meet their requirements.
Aluminium is fully recyclable
As demand for recyclable building materials increases, you can rest assured that aluminium is fully recyclable and more eco-friendly than alternatives such as fibreglass.
Do you want to find out more about our Origin French Doors? Find out more about the benefits of Origin French Doors here.
How do aluminium French doors compare to other materials?
Wondering how aluminium compares to alternative materials? Here are a few facts to help you out:
Up to 45 years.
Around 50 years.
Up to 20 years.
Durable, very strong, stylish, eco-friendly, and suitable for all climate.
Considered a luxury material and represents an effective insulator.
Easy to maintain and energy-efficient.
Sometimes more expensive than other materials.
Often very expensive, prone to rain and wind damage, requires lots of maintenance and may stain easily.
Less secure than other options and often more expensive.
Amongst the most expensive of French door materials.
Toward the high-end.
Very strong and durable. It is resistant to twisting or warping when the weather turns stormy.
Mid- to high-strength, depending on the quality of the timber and the installation.
Low- to mid-strength.
Aluminium windows and doors are easy to wipe clean with a sponge and soapy water.
Requires regular cleaning and painting. Property owners will also need to apply weather-protecting paint at regular intervals.
UPVC will require the application of weather-protective coating every year or so. Can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Origin French Door options
Origin French Doors come with a range of features and can be manufactured to suit the needs of clients. Benefits and features include:
- A range of colour options: Origin French Doors come in a range of sleek colours, with all RAL colours and finishes available as well as 2 authentic woodgrain finishes.
- Different styles: Origin French Doors come in a range of different styles to minimalist, modern, period, or traditional property styles. 2 different sightline options are available in the OB-49 or OB-72 system.
- Available as a patio door or front door option: Origin offers both French Patio Doors and French Front Door options. The French Front Door option can also be used as a garage door with the same panel options, offering whole house style continuity.
- Panel options and configurations: Depending on the size of the client’s property, Origin French Doors can include different configurations such as side flags or fixed panes at the top to suit practical requirements. Strong glass and double-glazing also provide extra strength and security.
- Accessories: Origin offers accessories including different handle ranges, slave handles and d-handles.
- Bespoke options: Origin Doors are made to measure.
- Opening in or out: Origin French Doors can be manufactured to be opening in or opening outwards, depending on preference.
- Threshold options: A range of thresholds to prevent trips and ensure coherence between the inside of the home and the patio.
What are the benefits of supplying Origin aluminium French doors?
Origin is one of the best suppliers of aluminium French doors on the market. Here’s why:
- Made in Britain: Forget costly shipping – all Origin Doors are manufactured in the UK and delivered by our own fleet.
- 20-year guarantee: Our guarantee means your clients can rest safe in the knowledge that their doors are covered for up to 20 years from manufacturing fault.
- Quick lead times: Our doors can be manufactured and delivered in as little as one working day.
- Premium quality aluminium: We source only the sleekest and strongest aluminium.
- Training and support: We offer training and support about how to install our doors, allowing tradespeople to offer excellent results for their clients.
Origin is a widely recognised brand with an established reputation, and selling Origin Doors in your showroom can be a great advantage to your sales figures as they generate demand. Origin can offer you French doors with quick turnarounds and industry-leading supplier services, all designed to ensure that you can make the most of your partnership with Origin in the long term.
Are you interested in becoming an Origin Trade Partner? Contact us today to find out more.